The best accent colours to use in a family room or kids play area are: bright yellows, oranges, or blues. Complement them with tan coloured leathers, rustic woods, and metals.
March Break Special – Receive a $100 AND 500 Aeroplan miles when you book a staging OR a decorating job with House Coach, between March 15th and April 15th.
After a long, cold, and snowy winter, March is a time when many of us plan that vacation and escape to a sunny destination. Vacations and family time is about socializing, being entertained, being creative, relaxing, and having fun. If a destination vacation is not in the plans this year, then perhaps consider a “stay-cation”.
Just like an ‘away’ vacation, the more you plan for fun, the more successful your stay-cation is likely to be. This is the perfect time to spruce up your family room or turn an unused space into a modern hang out everyone wants to spend time in.
Here are some of the most popular elements in an inviting family room:
- A large and comfortable sofa or sectional
- Extra chairs, ottomans, or beanbags
- Lots of colourful throw pillows
- A rug for lounging
- A big screen TV
- A surround sound system to create a mini-theater experience
- Video games, board games, or other entertainment
- A billiards table, dart board, or other favorite lounge games
- A small bar area or a spot for refreshments
- A play area for kids showcasing a space with a desk or table for their favorite toys, games, crafts, and more.
Sometimes all your space needs are some creative design ideas and a breath of fresh air. Call House Coach today and we will transform your house into a perfectly dreamy vacation home.
House Coach is happy to announce that we have joined the Houzz Professional Trades program. Follow us here.