Where to Begin with Design
Home Staging is no longer optional in this real estate market, it’s a MUST!Barbara Corcoran
If you have a room the shape of a rectangle, add a circular object like a round coffee table and/or side tables. This will soften the room and create balance.
Did you know?
In a recent survey by the National Association of REALTORS® Research Group found that one-quarter of buyers’ agents said that staging a home increased the dollar value offered between one and five percent, compared to other similar homes on the market that were not staged.
It’s already March and we are looking forward to a much-needed March Break! At this time of year with spring just around the corner people are thinking about how they can freshen up their home and get it ready for market OR they are looking to work on that decorating project that will brighten up their home!
In either case, our clients often will call upon us to figure out how to make a challenging space look its best.
We love a good challenge or should I say a great opportunity as this allows us to get creative and think outside the box. Creativity is simply intelligence having fun along with a touch of magic!!
Many times, we are asked – “How did you make a space appear larger and much more spacious?” OR “How did you come up with that idea?”
Here’s a little behind-the-scene info with how our thought process begins when we walk into a space:
- The first thing we look for is the feature of the room or an element that cannot be changed such as a support beam or a fireplace.
- Once we identify any non-movable elements, we come up with a game plan. If there isn’t a feature in the room, then we create one through a featured art piece or a wall unit display.
- We then take note of the direction in which light enters the room as this has a great impact on what paint colour we select.
- Next, it is important to look at the shape of the room. Is it a rectangle, square, triangle? All of this knowledge helps in the size, shape and scale of the furniture selection we bring in.
- Finally, creativity strikes, and as they say, the rest is history!
When you’re planning to stage a home or looking to refresh the design of your home, House Coach can assist in making your vision come alive.
Call House Coach today and we guarantee you that we will leave you and your house with a smile!
If you’re looking to update your headshot, take business photos for your website, or pull together some great footage for your social media site, call Mike Day today!
Special limited offer between March 17, 2020 and April 14, 2020, a 20% off a photography session with The Art of Business Photography will be offered to someone who has mentioned they read House Coach’s March newsletter.
The Art of Business Photography
Ask us how you can earn Aeroplan points.