“Winning isn’t everything, but it beats anything in second place.”
– William C. Bryant
The Title of ‘Home Seller’ goes to…
If you’ve ever watched a beauty pageant or the Great British Bake Off, you’re aware the goal is to win the contest against your competition! Staging your home is like entering your home in a competition. The judges are the potential buyers. You’re staging goal is to wow the judges and win the competition.
Here are 5 important tips to keep in mind that will guarantee your home will be a winner.
- Focus on curb appeal. Mow the lawn; rake the leaves; put away the hose, BBQ, and patio furniture; trim overgrown bushes and low-hanging tree limbs, add a nice seasonal potted decorative plant on the front entrance; and check that the outside lights work. In the winter don’t forget to shovel the walkways and driveway.
- Declutter. This is the most important step for staging for sale. Organize every nook and cranny, including closets, cupboards, and even the laundry room.
- Clean! It’s well worth the investment to hire a professional window cleaner AND a professional house cleaner. Remove any obstacles so potential buyers don’t trip.
- Repair instead of renovate. Replace broken windows, patch holes in walls, and repair leaky faucets. If there are odours do not spray odour removers or light candles, instead get your vents and carpets cleaned.
- Paint your walls with a neutral colour. This will make your home feel extra fresh and clean. Opt for a simple shade like Balboa Mist from Benjamin Moore, one of my personal favorites.
While there is much debate over the “everyone is a winner” mentality, when it comes to selling your home, the laws of reality dictate that not everyone can be a winner. The buyer either buys your house or doesn’t.
Do you know someone who is looking to sell their home? House Coach can help them win that title of ‘Home Seller’. Have them call us today at 647-618-9845 for a consultation.
90% of potential buyers will search online first. Your photos will stand out!Our Promotion
The first start to de-cluttering your home starts with a Consultation. Receive a $150 Credittowards your next Residential Staging ORResidential Home Decorating project.
In addition, for those Aeroplan avid collectors, earn 750 Aeroplan Miles when you book a home staging job with House Coach. Miles submitted upon completion of staging.
ProPath Insurance Solutions Inc. takes pride in helping families, professionals, and entrepreneurs build financial security around the things that are important to them – their loved ones, their businesses, and their homes. With a wide range of traditional and innovative insurance products we feel confident working with our clients to understand and develop a plan that fills their needs for life, disability, and health insurance. Whether it be insuring your mortgage debt or planning how best to transfer your wealth to the next generation we are always happy to sit down with you and help you best achieve that goal. If you are looking for honest, expert advice about your insurance planning please consider reaching out to ProPath Insurance Solutions Inc.